8/3/08

TOMORROW

I'll probably get up around 7 - feed STEVE - make some coffee - get the day going by reading some news, checking some blogs, and eating some breakfast - I'll head up stairs with some coffee and breakfast cause Tiff loves to drink coffee in bed - shower - shave - talk with Tiff about her day - after that I'll head to work - we'll have some meetings - I have a script I have to write so I'll probably get started on that - I promised Ben Rough (from Compassion) that I'd make him a new shorter version of the "Because of Compassion" video that we produced, I'll probably get started on that too - after work I'll head home and meet Tiffany and we'll take STEVE to the park and run his little but off - then we'll probably have some friends over for some food and fun, maybe - maybe not.

Also tomorrow I'll turn 30. No big deal - at least not yet. I've got a great wife, great friends, a great job I enjoy most of the time, my family is wonderful. --- I'm just starting to "get it."

To my family on this not so big deal day.

Tiffany - Love you baby. You're more than enough reason to get up every morning. You're the only woman in the world that can make me laugh out loud. I love my life, and mostly because you're in it. I am so proud to be your husband. I won't ever stop talking about you.

Mom - I don't get enough time with you. I could have never asked for a better mother. I love you so much. Thanks for all of the wonderful stuff I have inside of me because of you. Also, thanks for what you did 30 years ago tomorrow.

Dad - I love you dad. You're a great dad. I am so proud to say that you are my father. I talk about you all the time. Thanks for teaching me so many great things about life.

Jackson - Remember when we fought all the time? I'm glad those days are behind us. I am so proud to be your brother. I love you very much. I've learned alot from you over the past few years. I hope that we continue to get closer and closer as our lives go on.

Bignon - So much of my childhood is wrapped up in wonderful memories of you. I love you very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

STEVE - be a good boy, or else. --- I'm gonna run your butt off buddy.

Obviously, I couldn't go into detail, and I wouldn't dare to begin thanking my friends - cause it would take forever and I'd leave tons of people out. But my life is great. I'm so happy that God has given me 30 years (tomorrow). Here's to another 30.

Going roller skating tonight in celebration.

3 comments:

Andy Blanks said...

I'll be in Cali, but wanted to say happy b-day tomorrow!

Also, I know the real reason why you didn't want to thank your friends: your long, poignant, meaningful expression of thanks to me would make everyone else feel insignificant in comparison.

Happy 30th, bro.

Jared said...

Happy Birthday homie. Congratulations on being the first of us to turn 30. Come back to Texas.

To answer your questions. That was my wife's cousins on guitar and bass and my brothers-in-law on drums and tambourine. It was at the Nat Ballroom.

Anonymous said...

Feliz Cumpleanos amigo. Here's to life!