10/5/09

The Important #3.

Ok here's the condensed version:

Tiff and I are going to get STEVE a "stimulation" collar. By stimulation I mean "shock."

These are perfectly safe, and do not harm the dog at all.

It's like a 400 yard leash, and this is important for two of reasons: a) STEVE is faster than me and b) STEVE is very curious.

If STEVE's not on the leash, and smells/finds something that interest him, both a) and b) combine to render me helpless. So we're getting the "stimulation" leash to serve as a reminder how important it is to do what you're told right when you're told. Parents everywhere get jealous.

Anyway...Blah, blah, blah, blah....

In my preparation for this purchase I found the users manual for the collar we're going to get. I made it all the way to page 4 before I started laughing at this:
Now, what's funny is the fact that they thought they needed to put this part in the book. Which leads me to believe that there are people out there that might put one of these collars on their dog, push the button, and watch their dog flip out screaming and panicking. Then they'd say, "seems to be working just fine."

People.


-----
On a side note: Does anybody actually read my blog? Affirm me, please.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read it everytime you post something. I love it.

And yes, I would put a shock collar on a dog to watch it holler. Once.

Maybe twice.

But no more than three or four times, for sure.

Jared said...

I read it. I've got you in my Google reader. I'll promise to comment more on yours if you do the same for me.

Natalie Stone said...

Affirm! You're in my RSS reader :)

shaneXetheredge said...

I read it without fail.

Ben said...

Can we put the collar on ourselves and go through recognition level process? Video taping it of course.

And yes, I read. You should read mine too. frijoleluna.blogspot.com

Jen Clapp said...

I read it; affirm, affirm.