4/12/08

PPV 1

I have decided to start posting about the things that I really like in the "short subject video" category. These post will be limited to things that are professionally produced. I won't bore you will silly, homemade videos. All of the videos featured in the Proper Pro Video (PPV) post will be under 10 minutes long - and well worth your time. 

I'll try to remind you of things you should remember - and also show you some stuff maybe you haven't seen. We

Here we go.

First off, you should remember the Gun's N Roses video to November Rain. It's great. If you don't/didn't like GNR it's cause you're not my age. Any kid who grew up in the 90s, that graduated from highschool anywhere between 93 and 01 likes GNR. If they don't it's only cause their parents didn't let them listen to it. Here's the video. If you're short on time - skip ahead to around 3:45 - just before the guitar solo. That's the best part - helicopter shots, Slash, a little fake church in the middle of the desert. 


The next is a commercial produced back in 1999 for Guinness. It's my favorite commercial, and it needs no explination.


I've got a buddy from high school and college named Matt. Matt's in the "creative producion/advertising/music video/what ever you call it" industry. He started a company a few years ago, and it's doing very good. Check out his website here.

Anyways, here's a clip from one of the shorts he produced while in film school at UT in Austin. It's a funny clip, I actually think this "Arts In Austin" was the first thing he produced at UT. I think the clip is funny.


This next one's a commercial for a video game called Rachet and Clank. This is my kind of video.


And last but not least, this one is one of my favorites from the recent past. It's kind of cheesy, but it's great. Commercial for monster.com.




Please comment on anything you like or do not like.

No comments: