11/6/08

Election 08

There are so many things that I want to say about this past election, and it has nothing to do with the outcome. But I have allowed my self to stay calm, not point fingers, and not attack people.

Just now, while collecting my thoughts about what to write, I realized that I probably shouldn't just go off. So instead I've decided to speak to everyone the way I want them to speak to me. So read carefully.
****
You are all very smart. I'm so glad you decided to get involved in this years historic election. If you voted for McCain - good for you - I'm sure your convictions and beliefs lead you to vote that way. If you voted for Obama - good for you - I'm sure your convictions and beliefs lead you to vote the way you did. I'm not going to assume why you voted the way you did, it's your right. There are alot of things out there in this world that are important to alot of people - I cannot expect for what's important to me to be as important to you. I congradulate Mr. Obama and his campaign team for a job well done - cause quite honestly they took it too McCain.
****
There I'm done....

But so help me - if I hear another McCain supporter say to vote for Obama is to betray the faith - or if I hear another Obama supporter say McCain supporters are bumbling-hill billy-idiots I'm gonna.......Calm...

People voted for who they thought would be best. Some of you cling to the abortion subject, some of you are intersted in the war, some of you gun control, some the economy, some foriegn policy, some race (I don't know). None the less, you've got your "thing."

My father used to always say, and I repeat "Don't ever assume." Please don't assume. McCain supporters are not necessarily money hungry racist who hate black people, AND Obama supporters aren't necessarily abortion supporting baby killers. Just be happy you got to vote. Be happy everybody got to vote.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

well said, friend. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

gracias for that one. RCPM tonight live in Solana Beach, CA.