11/4/08

It's over. Good-golly-watta-moskin.

Today we voted. You better have. If not, keep your lame opinion to yourself for the next 4 years.

I love how bent out of shape people get because of elections. "Obama's a terrorist." or "McCain wants to kill innocent Iraqis." Tomorrow all the fuss will be over, and normal life will set back in. I know that's easy for me to say, being a white, middle-class, married with no children male who's actually able to keep paying my mortgage, but nevertheless the cows will be out to pasture, and the waiting game will be over.

Even if either of these dudes getting elected brings down armegeddon, so be it. At least then will be now. Let's live in the now, now. We don't have to worry about then, because then is now, and we can begin dealing with the problems we have now. You might be asking yourself, "When will we get to worry about then again?" Soon. But for now, lets deal with now. Thanks Mel.

Any funny stories about voting? My experience was pretty un-eventful. I walked in, handed them my card, signed my name, sat down, tried to remember half the things I studied for, got up, and fed the sheet to the lame R2D2 looking robot, and left. I did go with my lady, and we got to eat lunch afterwards, which was wonderful.

Anyways. Reck'em Raiders.

2 comments:

shaneXetheredge said...

There is no such thing as an innocent Iraqi.

Anonymous said...

Denison Marrs had a record i used to listen to a lot...it was called "Then is the new now." Your post reminded me of that.

Oh...and I voted for Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree for president and vice president. So do I get to have an opinion for 4 years?