5/23/09

I HATE spam.

I know you do to. Here's a recent facebook note I wrote.
----------------------
I am also beginning to hate facebook spam. This note is about spam in general.

I hate it.
I do.
I'm sorry.
I know some of you love it.
Not me, I hate it.

"What's your definition of spam?" You might ask.

Thanks for asking.

Spam = anything that is used in anyway to advertise/promote anything (including it's self) = this can include, but is not limited to, patriotism, faith, feel-good moosh, hair growth products, or chain letters.
or on facebook, anything that could be described as "nick-knacky stuff" (ie: stickers, flair, hugs, kisses, crap like that, iq tests, relative requests)

I would say anything that is sent in bulk, however there are rare occasions when bulk is better. Not to go off on a tangent or anything, but here are my 2 rules for sending any digital message in bulk.
1. It has to be ABOUT you or someone you know personally.
2. It has to be for me. It can also be for others, but it CANNOT be for everyone you have an address for.

Back to the subject at hand: Spam.
I will not read it. I will not accept it. I will not pass it on.

Now you might be thinking, "Wait, all that nick-knacky stuff is what facebook is all about."

Not for me. I'm in it to keep in touch with my friends and family. See their pictures and videos, and show them mine. Not that other crap. I tried a few of them right at first, but they we're a big waste of my time.

Sorry.
Taylor

PS. Now, pass this note on to 20 of your friends or the devil will git ya.
-------------
Can I get a witness?

No comments: