10/2/09

Dudes at the bookstore.

So today I went to the bookstore to waste some time before seeing Zombieland with Kinsley. I was in the magazine section just looking, and I overheard a conversation that was taking place behind me on one of the benches. I took out my phone, turned on the camera and stuck it behind me and recorded the the conversation. I was going to upload the video and share it with all of you but then I realized that's probably an invasion of privacy, so I decided to not. But the conversation was funny.

Two 17(ish) year old dudes, David, and Afro-Dude. I know David's name cause Afro-Dude said it. Obviously I didn't catch Afro-Man's name, so I gave him the name Afro-Dude because of his doo. These guys were scene-sters with tight girl pants, bad hair doos, and poor posture. Afro-man was wearing a Beastie Boys shirt that he no doubt got at Target. They were looking at some magazine about rock music, and providing commentary. Here's the dialog.

Afro-Dude (AD):
Whoa! Thrice, they have a new album? I used to really like them in...you know...tha day.

David:
I thought they were Twice, I guess they got a new member.

They both chuckle. AD turns the page.

David:
(Sarcastically) Who's Aerosmith?

AD:
Some group of guys, apparently.

David:
Some group. Yeah.

AD:
Some...Some...Some, apparently musical group. I've never heard of 'em.

David:
Yeah me either.

AD turns the page and spots a new ad.

AD:
The Blood Brothers? I miss the Blood Brothers.

AD's phone rings on the bench beside him. He answers.

AD:
Hello....Yo....

David gets up and walks off. They were obviously waiting on the call.

AD:
(on the phone) Me and David are sitting at the bookstore being bored as poopie.

AD gets up.
-------------------
From the looks of it, these guys have decent taste in music. They made fun of Aerosmith, so that's something. And AD's use of the word poopie leads me to believe they might be "good" kids, seeing as most high school kids never miss an opp to drop a cuss word when they think no adults are listening.

No comments: